China Tours & Private Packages - Discover the mistery of China with a Local China Travel Agency(TTC)

Home  »  Tibet Travel Guide  »    »  Travel Tips  »  Embassies & Visa

Embassies & Visa

China Visa Service

In order to come to China on one of our programs, you must have a passport that is valid for at least three months after your visit to China will conclude, and you must also already have the necessary visa. Every person should already have an approved visa before entering China and if entering Tibet, an approved permit must be obtained two weeks before entering. If you only plan on traveling to Hong Kong or Macau, you do not need a visa to enter China.

Obtaining a Visa

It is very easy for almost anyone to obtain a tourist visa to enter China. The tourist visa is usually good for a maximum stay of up to sixty days. Please direct all questions to your nearest PRC embassy or consulate, or contact us and we can help anyone who has a valid passport to process applications for visas into China.

To apply for a Chinese tourist visa (Type L), you will need to fill out an application form, have one passport-size photo and a valid passport. The usual length of time for a visa to be processed is around one week. The Chinese Embassy must have approval from the Tibet Tourism Administration before issuing all permits into Tibet.The passport-size photo must be one similar to that in your passport. It can only show the head, full frontal and have a white background. The photo itself can be processed at any passport photo service center.Unless you are planning to leave China and enter again, you will only need to apply for a single entry visa. This is good for three months from the date of issue and will allow you to stay in China for a maximum of sixty days.

Visitors who wish to travel to Hong Kong or Macau and hold passports from the following countries DO NOT need a visa when staying for a certain length of time. If you are not from any of these listed countries or want to stay longer than the allowed length of time, you will need to apply for a visa. The applications for these two places can be found and accepted by any Chinese diplomatic or consular mission or also by the HKSAR Immigration Department by mail or a local sponsor. Hong Kong Immigration Department: Tel: (852) 2824 6111 Fax: (852) 2877 7711 Immigration Tower ,7, Gloucester Road Wan Chai, Hong Kong

If you want to obtain your visa in person while in Hong Kong, you may do so from the Visa Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. The office is open from Monday to Friday. The following documents must be brought to obtain a Chinese visa: 1.A recent passport-size photo 2.A valid passport (good for 3 months after the departure date from China) 3.Visa application. A visa can usually be obtained within one working day.

The address is as follows (please call before going to their office):

5th Floor, Lower Block, 26 Harbor Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 2585 1657 or (852) 2585 1680 or (852) 2585 1794

For an invitation letter, we need the following information:

1.The date of entry into China 2.The total number of days in China

3.The cities that will be visited 4.Passport Expiration Date

5.Every person's name as it appears on each passport

6.Your personal home address 7.Date of Birth

8.Passport Number 9.Occupation

10.Telephone, fax number and email address

11.Gender Remember, if you need to leave and re-enter China, you must apply for a double or multiple entry visa. Even when you leave for Hong Kong or Macao from mainland China, you still need to have a double or multiple entry visa.

The 72 Hours Visa-Free Transit Policy

In order to meet the needs of the transit passengers in China, Beijing and Shanghai have introduced the 72 hours visa-free transit policy, followed by Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian and Shenyang. Thus, foreign visitors From the approved countries can enjoy a short stay in these cities.

According to the regulations of Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic of China, people who meet the following requirements can apply for the visa-free transit:

1,Holding passports issued by the following 45 countries: 24 European member states of Schengen visa agreement: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. 7 other European countries: Russia, the UK, Ireland, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine. 6 American countries: The United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile. 2 Oceania countries: Australia, New Zealand. 6 Asian countries: South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, UAE ( United Arab Emirates), Qatar.

2, Holding valid documents certifying one’s national identity

3,Qualification for the entry requirements of their third destination country or region

4,Holding valid airline tickets with 72-hour validation and making transit through Beijing Capital International Airport to the third country

Some tips:

1,This policy only apply to passengers who make transit through International Airports in one of above cities to the third country, excluding round trip flights.

2,The 72-hour free stay only applies to those transiting via Airports.

3, Air passengers who are interested to go out of the airports for sightseeing, conference, family visit, etc during the stopover, should apply for transit permit request to the carrier airlines in advance. While for passengers transiting via Beijing Capital International Airport, they can apply for it after arrival.

4,Visitors are not allowed to leave the transit city to other cities during the 72 hours.

5,If visitors are unable to depart on time because of unavoidable reasons, like flight cancellation, treatment of sudden disease, etc, they need apply for a visa from Municipal Public Security Bureau (PSB). Otherwise, tourists cannot apply for an extension of stay.

6,Some goods are prohibited entry, such as fresh fruits and vegetables. They shall be destroyed under the surveillance of Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau. While for the companion animals or carry storable food carried by the travelers, they can apply to Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau for temporary custody within the stopover period and re-export.

Attractions you may also like:

Tibet Group Tour

From must-visit Buddhist monasteries in Lhasa and heavenly lakes located in its surroundings to the epic road trip to Everest Base Camp, Mt. Kailash and Manasrovar kora and onward overland tour to Kathmandu, etc., we handpick the best traveler-choice itineraries and ingeniously make them into the best budget Tibet group tours for worldwide travelers. With tourist-friendly service and quality guarantee, we make sure you enjoy the authentic Tibetan experience, with the affordable and reasonable budget.