Welcome to Beijing, the iconic city as well as the capital of China!
You will be met by your local tour guide at the arrival hall of Beijing Capital Airport, or railway station, then be escorted to check in your hotel in downtown by a private comfortable vehicle. The rest of today is on your own to relax. If you want to explore nearby, feel free to get some practical suggestions from your tour guide.
Arrival Ideas: At present, there are many international and domestic flights to Beijing. Besides, you can take a high speed train to this capital city from Shanghai (5-6 hrs), Xi'an (5.5 hrs), Guangzhou (8-9.5 hrs), etc.
This morning, you will be picked up by your tour guide at hotel, then drive about 1.5 hours to Jiankou Great Wall. (The hotel pick up time is usually 7:00 am in summer and autumn, 8:00 am in spring and winter. If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly).
Jiankou Great Wall is one of the most recommended walls for Great Wall hiking and photography. Its walls and towers are very authentic because there is no any restoration has been done yet. You will start the hike from Xizhazi village. It then takes about 1 hour to hike along a bushy mountain path from the village up to Zhengbei Tower, the highest watch tower on the Great Wall Jiankou where you can enjoy a panoramic view of how the Great Walls crumbling on the ridges of the steep and narrow mountains. After short rest at Zhengbei Tower, you will keep hiking about 2 hours eastward ups and downs on the rugged wall, passing through 8 wild and crumbling towers of Jiankou Great Wall. After spending some time exploring Jiankou Great Wall and surrounding scenery, hike back to Xizhazi Village. Notice: currently the road from Jiankou to Mutianyu Great Wall has been closed due to Great Wall protection.
Lastly, drive to Huanghuacheng, and stay in a local inn near Huanghuacheng Great Wall for overnight.
Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the beautiful sunrise on the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. Then get back to your hotel to have breakfast.
After breakfast, we start the tour. Have a short rest after breakfast, then begin today’s hike (6km/4hrs) - the first half takes about 1.5 hours to hike the restored section, and the second half takes about 2.5 hours to hike the wild unrestored section. Not a long trek, but it is tough because you have to hike the trails on the wall up and down along the rising and desending of the mountains. You will finish the hike at Xishuiyu Village which is close to the lake at the foot of the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. Then take a leisure boat trip on the lake to enjoy the surrounding view of the Great Wall. Also take a short excursion to the Chestnut Garden. Its chestnut trees were planted 500 years ago by solders of Ming Empire who guarded the Great Wall. Today there are more than 40 chestnut trees are survived from the ancient time, and still grow very well.
Lastly drive back to your hotel in Beijing city. Tour ends.
Useful Great Wall Hiking Tips to Know
1) You'd better wear hiking boots and clothings, and bring trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, gloves for this hiking tour;
2) Traveler who is not fit or having arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma are not recommended to take this hiking;
3) Kids less than 3 years old and travellers over 80 years old are not recommended to take this hiking;
4) You'd better not wear short pants because some paths are bushy;
5) Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking because there is no toilet on the Wall. Toilet paper should be brought by yourself;
6) This hiking is not available during rainy days, snowy days and strong-wind days, etc.
The quotation for this trip is from Request P/P
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
Professional licensed English-speaking guide;
Admission tickets for all attractions listed in the itinerary;
Accommodation as listed in the itinerary;
Necessary transfers as listed in the itinerary;
All meals as listed(“B” for Chinese and Western breakfast buffet in your hotel; “L” for Chinese Lunch in local restaurant; “D” for Chinese dinner in local restaurant.);
Our service charge, including tour planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
Accommodation not listed in the itinerary;
Single Room Supplement;
Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary;
Recommended optional activities;
Flights or trains not listed in the itinerary;
Optional tips to guides, drivers, etc;
Why choose us?
- Free Inquiry
- Lowest Price
- Expert Guide & Driver
- Downtown Hotels
- A La Carte Meals
- Chinese Family Visit
- Free Cooking Class
- Best Flight Times
- No Hidden Charges