Welcome to Beijing, the iconic city as well as the capital of China!
You will be met by your local tour guide at the arrival hall of Beijing Capital Airport, or railway station, then be escorted to check in your hotel in downtown by a private comfortable vehicle. The rest of today is on your own to relax. If you want to explore nearby, feel free to get some practical suggestions from your tour guide.
Arrival Ideas: At present, there are many international and domestic flights to Beijing. Besides, you can take a high speed train to this capital city from Shanghai (5-6 hrs), Xi'an (5.5 hrs), Guangzhou (8-9.5 hrs), etc.
After breakfast, drive about 1.5 hours to Mutianyu Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is located in Huairou District of Beijing, approximately 73km away from Beijing. It connect Huanghuacheng Great Wall from west, and link Gubeikou Great Wall from east, stretches total 5.4km. Hike Mutianyu Great Wall is very easy with good-condition paths. It takes about 3 hours to walk from the first tower on the eastern edge to the 22th tower on the western edge. You can hike up to the tourist rest area between the No. 6 and No. 7 towers. You can also take the cable car to the rest area. Then walk about 20 minutes to the No. 1 tower - Dajiao Tower where you have to hike back to the No. 6 tower, and keep hiking up to the final No. 22 tower. The further regions from No. 22 tower are some wild great walls which are forbidden to tourists.
After hiking the Mutianyu Great Wall, drive about 2 hours to Jinshanling. Check in your hotel which is situated near to Jinshanling Great Wall.
Get up early to hike up to one of the towers to see the amazing sunrise from the great wall. Hiking Jinshanling Great Wall takes you to explore impressive original features of Ming Dynasty Great Wall while enjoying the relaxing hiking up the steps, stones, forts and towers. After entering the check-in office, you will walk about 20 minutes to the western section of Jinshanling Great Wall, near to Gubeikou Great Wall. Your hiking starts at Zhuanduo Tower, walk eastward with the up walls snaking on the hills to the eastern edge. On route, you have chance to see some featured towers, such as General Tower, Large Jinshan Tower, Flower Tower, Corner Tower, etc. You’re hiking takes about 4~5 hours, and stops at East Tower with Five Holes where you will get off the wall, and get back to the tourist center.
Lastly drive back to your hotel in Beijing city. Tour ends.
Useful Great Wall Hiking Tips to Know
1) You'd better wear hiking boots and clothings, and bring trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, gloves for this hiking tour;
2) Traveler who is not fit or having arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma are not recommended to take this hiking;
3) Kids less than 3 years old and travellers over 80 years old are not recommended to take this hiking;
4) You'd better not wear short pants because some paths are bushy;
5) Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking because there is no toilet on the Wall. Toilet paper should be brought by yourself;
6) This hiking is not available during rainy days, snowy days and strong-wind days, etc.
The quotation for this trip is from Request P/P
1. This price is for one person, based on a group of 2 adults sharing one standard double-bed room in 4-star hotel and traveling with our private tour in low seasons.
2. This price is subject to change according your traveling season, group size, hotel class, change of activities in your itinerary and possible fluctuation of currency exchange rate. If you want a lower price, you can get more people to join you, or use economy class hotels.
Professional licensed English-speaking guide;
Admission tickets for all attractions listed in the itinerary;
Accommodation as listed in the itinerary;
Necessary transfers as listed in the itinerary;
All meals as listed(“B” for Chinese and Western breakfast buffet in your hotel; “L” for Chinese Lunch in local restaurant; “D” for Chinese dinner in local restaurant.);
Our service charge, including tour planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
Accommodation not listed in the itinerary;
Single Room Supplement;
Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary;
Recommended optional activities;
Flights or trains not listed in the itinerary;
Optional tips to guides, drivers, etc;
Why choose us?
- Free Inquiry
- Lowest Price
- Expert Guide & Driver
- Downtown Hotels
- A La Carte Meals
- Chinese Family Visit
- Free Cooking Class
- Best Flight Times
- No Hidden Charges