Dujiangyan Panda Base Facts
Dujiangyan Panda Base has the right climate and nature environment for giant panda. It is also the only panda base providing Panda Volunteer Program to the public at present in China. Great chance to see cute pandas.
Type: Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Sights & Landmarks, Outdoor Activities, Nature & Parks
Best Time: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: 1 day
Open Hours: 8:00 ~ 17:00
Address: Shiqiao Village, Qingcheng Town, Dujiangyan City, China
During the classic one-day volunteer program, the activities include honorary keepers, science quest, love feeding, panda nutritionist, panda movie, panda class and panda fun trip.
● Honorable Keeper: clean up bamboos, pick up droppings, wash the enclosures, observe and understand the panda’s status and living conditions, etc. It takes about 2 hours.
● Science Quest: explore the panda rescue exhibition hall to know about stories associated with panda rescues. It takes about 30 minutes.
● Love Feeding: personally deliver to the pandas, their delicious “Cake” and fruits. Understand panda’s feeding habits. It takes about 30 minutes.
● Panda Cinema: watch a documentary that allows scientific facts about pandas, to understand how humans protect them, and how we may live in harmony with them.
● Panda Nutritionist: prepare food for the pandas and also experience the fun of making the “Panda’s Cake”. It takes about 45 minutes.
● Panda Class: inviting our experienced panda experts to share their scientific knowledge. It takes about 45 minutes.
● Love Garden: Plant bamboos and trees, as well as set up nametags. It takes about 45 minutes.
● Fun Trip: after a day’s observing, studying, let panda husbandry learners be quizzed with questions regarding facts about pandas. It takes about 30 minutes.
After the panda volunteer activities, participants will receive an official certificate from CCRCGP that proves your love for giant pandas, as well as souvenirs, like a panda badge, a panda T-shirt or a panda club magazine.
Tips: Since July to Auguest is the super peak season for doing a panda volunteer program, if you want to enjoy the activity during those months, it is highly advised to book in advance at least 2 months.
In Dujiangyan Panda Base, it is possible to see well-known pandas returned to China from overseas, such as Tai Shan who returned from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo in Washington, D.C., and red pandas.
You can also visit the Giant Panda Museum in the base to learn more about the cuddly pandas, from their origins and habitat to their habits.
If you have time, the Dujiangyan Irrigation System and Mount Qingcheng are not too far from the base. Both are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
By car (recommended): Located about 67 kilometers (42 miles) away, it takes about 1½ hours to get to the base by car.
By train: Take a high-speed train at Chengdu Railway Station and get off at Qingchengshan Railway Station. Then take bus 102 to Xiongmao Jikong Zhongxin and walk for 5 minutes to reach the base.
By bus: Take a bus from North City Bus Station, Airport Bus Station, or Xinnanmen Bus Station to Dujiangyan Bus Station. Then take bus 102 to Xiongmao Jikong Zhongxin and walk to the base.
Top 4 Sichuan Tours chosen by most customers to explore Sichuan Travel Guide in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
We are here to help you...
Start planning your tailor-made with 1-1 help from our travel advisors.